Thursday, January 11, 2007
I started school and my internship this week and my life is back to crazy. I was talking with a friend about my many obligations and hectic schedule, when she commented that I "must be wonder woman to handle all that." I laughed, literally. I want to write this blog to confirm that I am not wonder woman. A character I can better relate to my life is Susan from Desperate Housewives.

10 examples that prove I am a mess...
1. I have a planner. It often gets lost in my giant purse (which is a whole different issue) and I often forget to look at it until the end of the week...when I realize that I missed something important, such as registering my car or attending Micaela's childcare meeting. If you plan something with me there is a chance I will write it down but still forget it, and I'm apologizing in advance.
2. I lose very important things. I have lost my keys, my debit card about 10 times, my student ID, Micaela's immunization record, Caleb's favorite hat (well he says I lost it...), $100 bill (not once, but twice!), my wedding ring, and whenever we need an important document for reimbursement purposes I can never seem to find it. This is crazy because overall I have a fairly clean house.
3. It is absolutely impossible for me to dress appropriately. If it's snowing I'm probably wearing sandals or a thin sweater. If we're at a football game in August I'm likely to be wearing a sweatshirt because the last game we went to (normally in November or December) was freezing. If we're encouraged to dress up in costume I do so full-out...only to find out no one else dressed up. If I'm invited to take Micaela swimming of course I'll wear a bathing suit as swimming=bathing suit, just to find out none of the other moms swim, they just roll up there jeans and stick their feet in. I could go on, but you get the picture.
4. My makeup is always smeared, and I must confess I often sleep without taking it off...I know, I know.
5. My hair is always a mess. I swear I own a mirror and I really do get ready in the morning. My hair is just crazy.
6. I forget to eat meals, and then I remember. Boy do I remember, usually in the middle of a meeting, my stomach begins to growl fiercely, to the point my boss has stopped the meeting for a "snack break."
7. I spend money and forget about it. Which I think is subconscious.
8. I never, ever have all the laundry done. Which is sad as it is the only household chore that Caleb makes me do solo. It honestly takes about 3-4 days to wash all our clothes and hang them up. By then we have about two baskets full and in 1-2 days I have to start the cycle over again. I envy those who wash and put away their clothes all in one day.
9. I chew on ice, loudly and obnoxiously. I also crave ice and buy sodas just to eat the ice.
10. I can't cook, sew, mop, or do anything crafty. I don't consider anything of these things particularly important in my life so they all count as one. I am a failure as a housewife. I also envy those who are naturally talented at these skills. Give me a 40 page research paper any day!

This is not meant to "put myself down" or complain about my lack of talents. I just want everyone to know that I do manage to do many things each week, I have 15 grad credits, 25 hours at my internship, 20 hours at the restaurant, 5 hours at the gym, weekly lunch and dinner dates with various friends, clubs, church activities, and I spend almost every other second with Micaela. But I'm a mess and I don't always handle it well and it takes me days to finish household chores if I even do them at all. I envy those of you who have a better balance and understanding of what you can do and what you can't. For now I will continue being a mess and counting down the days to graduation...
112 days to go!

Labels:

posted by Michele at 6:41 PM |

1 Comments:

At January 12, 2007 at 9:58 AM, Blogger Annie said........
Wow! And I thought I was a disaster! Just Kidding. If it matters, I always find you very put together (hair and make-up), articulate, and all around sharp. Even if your private life is a disaster some times (mine is, usually) feel good knowing that, at least on my end, you seem to have your stuff together.

By the way...it is supposed to be cold all weekend.