1. The universal workout/weight loss goal. I wanted to start taking classes at my gym to mix up my monotonous routine. I did, and I do...except for the 6am yoga class. That's a tough one, who goes to the gym at 6? Especially when you live in a household that goes to bed at 9:30, 12:00 and 2:30.
2. Spend more time with the fam. I wanted a once a month date with Caleb and I wanted a once a week formal, fun time outing with Micaela. I did even better than that. In September Caleb changed his work schedule and we now have a once a week date. I also took Micaela to the park once a week every day during the summer. In winter I tried to resume a similar idea by taking her to McDonalds with a playground, but we went once and I remembered why Caleb and I don't eat fast food. The food was gross and took like 15 minutes to make, and the kids on the playgrounds were little snots, pushing the smaller kids around and stealing their balls. Unfortunately for Micaela, her mom is also a snot so I went over and told a little girl not to push little kids and I took her ball. Very mature, I know. Anyways aside from finals weeks, I think this one went well.
3. Attend the opera or ballet. Well this one was tricky...Caleb almost got me tickets to The Nutcracker and we won tickets to see A Christmas Carol...does that count?
4. Read more good books. This one is subjective, but it's my goal so I say it was acheived.
I know there were a few more, but my list is ripped and I can't remember the rest. Here are mine for this year. My suggestion to all of you is to write your relsoutions down and even display them some place you will see. You can also buy my self-help book at a local store near you! Seriously though I'm writing them here so that others will see them and I will feel more obligated to do them.
1. Spend more time with the fam. Everyone should watch Click with Adam Sandler. I will accomplish this by
A. Continuing weekly outing with Micaela
B. Continuing weekly date with Caleb, we might even take a vactation this year alone, stay tuned...
2. Quit working at The Old Spaghetti Factory. This one is huge. I've been there almost four years and have been unable to cut loose. I love my co-workers and the tips so much, but my schedule is just too busy and I need to spend more time with my family and focusing on school/career.
3. Organize my file cabinent. Pretty self-explanatory. However, a little more detailed than it may appear, seeing as how I don't even have a file cabinent yet.
4. Develop a financial plan. I was inspired by a wise friend to start saving and planning now, even though we are still in school, even though we don't have any money, even though we haven't paid off our student loans, even though are cars are breaking down.
5. Buy new clothes. Don't laugh, I had to give myself one I know I can acheive.
Happy New Years!
Labels: Just Me


posted by Michele at 9:42 AM