I believe that I am coming down with a serious case of
senioritis...except it isn't called
senioritis because I'm not really a senior. I'm a "been in school consecutively since kindergarten" thing/person. But you all remember the last few weeks of senior year in high school. You know where we ditched classes to go out to eat or go tanning or for ice cream. Where we started to slack on homework and show up late for seminary (oh wait that was pretty much every month of every year!) Anyways it's happening to me again. I am so done with school. I put together an entire
PowerPoint presentation together last night and I didn't even practice it before presenting to my class! Why? Because I don't care anymore. Then today I assisted in talking a friend into ditching class to go have
appeteasers (for those of you who watch The Office.) I
received a fall class schedule in my email, and I erased it. Because I won't be in school this fall. I'm a senior again! I know that I'm going to graduate, I know that my grades don't matter, and I'm beginning to realize that I'm simply checking out of student mode. Which is about time! I've finally come to the realization that I don't want to be a professional student, much to Caleb's relief, as being a professional student is very expensive and time consuming. This is a new feeling for me, and I'm feeling very liberated. The "inner child" in me is chanting no more pencils, no more books....
Labels: Just Me, psycho babble