Tuesday, May 8, 2007
With so many other things going on in out lives, it's hard to focus on our wedding anniversary. However, it has arrived, and I feel it is a very important date for many reasons. In our typical fashion we celebrated more than once, on more convenient days than Thursday. Caleb bought me flowers that were waiting in the dining room, which is a private nook that has been converted to my "board exam study room." He also got me tickets to see Les Mis, my favorite musical of all time. My birthday present was a trip to Hawaii, but he knew that I would still want something to open on my birthday, so he gave me a card with the tickets in. After Les Mis we went to sushi, another one of our favorite things. I got him season tickets for Utah football.

Caleb and I met when we were in high school. I barely remember it, but apparently I was unfortunately pretty rude to him. He says he remembered me because he thought I was beautiful. More likely he remembered me because I was loud, obnoxious, and self-centered, because that's how I really was in high school. Ironically enough he made an appearance at my going away party when I graduated from high school and moved to Hawaii. I do remember him there because he and his friend were the only two guys I didn't know. I'm not sure we even spoke. We met again a year later. We ended up living down the street from each other. Being the work out fanatics that we are, we both went to the same gym. He was friends with my roommate and they decided to stop by and visit. We became friends, pretty good friends really. We hung out all the time. I attempted to set him up with one of my friends, it didn't work out. Around December-January 2002 we started dating. We got engaged January 2003, and married May 10, 2003.

Caleb is my best friend. He understands things about me I don't. He deals with my anxiety and obsessive behavior, which says a lot. He humors me. When I'm upset he makes me laugh, he does the worst impersonation of me! He plans the best dates. He surprises me often. He's very smart, we have GPA rivals (although I have beaten him twice!) He can fix anything. He's still the best looking boy I know, honestly the guy gets better looking with age. He does all the grocery shopping and cleans the bathrooms because he knows how much I hate doing those things. He has good fashion sense, he is one of the few (straight) guys who understands the value of shoes. He's had a hard life and many disappointments, but he's risen above them and never used them as an excuse. He's motivated, hard-working, and driven to be successful as a father and a husband. I'm so glad that we are married, and as I always say, I'm excited about our future together!

Labels:

posted by Michele at 8:31 PM |

4 Comments:

At May 13, 2007 at 11:27 AM, Blogger Debbie said........
Congratulations Michele and Caleb on your 4th anniversary. I can't believe you girls have been married so long. What a sweet tribute to Caleb, Michele. It sounds like you are both very lucky people to have found each other. Can you believe that all of you girls will be married in May? Who would have ever thought. I am excited to see you at Amy's reception. Congrats again, and many more years!
 


At May 13, 2007 at 11:56 AM, Blogger Justin and Amy said........
That was so sweet Michele. Congratulations on your anniversary:) You guys are so great together!
 


At May 15, 2007 at 1:31 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
Happy belated anniversaary! Can't wait to see you in a few days. I have to confess something...I failed you in the picture taking category. Not one pic from Bre's reception...hopefully you can forgive me :) We will tell you all about it!
 


At May 15, 2007 at 8:26 PM, Blogger Nate and Bre said........
Has it really been 4 years?? Congrats! You two are a match made in shoe heaven!