Wednesday, May 16, 2007
A few of my favorite new things Micaela is doing:

1. Ever since my parents have left she constantly asks "where's grandma" or "where's grandpa?" I have let her talk to them on the phone, which she really enjoys. However, we can't call them every hour to talk. There are a group of people who call my house at least once an hour. They are called telemarketers, and have become Micaela's surrogate grandparents. Whenever I see a customer service number on the caller ID I hand the phone to Micaela and she talks to "grama or bampa."

2. Someone, most likely a cartoon character, has taught Micaela the word happy. Now every so often she comes up to me and Caleb and says "I happy." She has yet to learn the phrase "I'm sad," but I believe it will be soon as she responded to my request that she go to bed with "I no happy!"

3. Occasionally when she is unmonitored she will sneak into our computer room and play on the computer, typing on the computer and moving around the mouse. It is hard to imagine this is modeled behavior as neither of her parents are fanatic computer game nerds or insane blogger addicts. The other day she pointed to a key on the computer and said "puppy." I did not understand the connection until I pushed the key and a search engine appeared with a small dog wagging it's tail. I am amazed she remembered and retained that.

4. She ran into the bathroom while I was getting ready and shouted "mama Diego!" I knew she was watching Dora the Explorer, but she was so animated about Diego. I looked in at the TV and realized that Diego had made a "guest appearance" on Dora's show. Micaela was in awe. She kept repeating Diego and D-D-D-Dora!! Caleb later informed me that Dora and Diego are cousins, how could I not know?

Labels:

posted by Michele at 3:04 PM |

1 Comments:

At May 21, 2007 at 10:58 AM, Blogger Chelsea said........
You'll have to send me your e-mail address so I can get you some of the wedding pics. :) chelsealeemann@yahoo.com