Wednesday, June 6, 2007
I rarely get sick. I'm just a healthy person. I've never broken any bones, never had any serious accidents, never had a cavity until I was pregnant. In the four years I worked at the restaurant there was only 2 days I called in sick. It would figure that my second day at my new job I would get sick. I had this weak, light-headed feeling, followed by severe stomach pains. I left as soon as I could, but the second I got home I realized instantly I must have food poisoning. I won't gross you out with the details, but it was bad. The heartbreaking part was poor Micaela. She was home alone with me and scared out of her mind. She cried every time I went to the bathroom. Fortunately, Caleb was able to leave early and come and take care of me and her. Being a typical guy he kept asking what he could do, all I could say was nothing. Life is so ironic. How could I possibly call in my third day of work? I know what people would say. Here I am the new girl, the least experienced, with no allies, at a new job. So I got up early and slowly and painfully got ready for work. Caleb actually had to do my hair because I was too weak to hold the blow dryer. It didn't turn out too bad. As the day progressed I began feeling better. Fortunately I have a couch in my office and I took advantage of that, along with my slow schedule, and took an afternoon nap. I suppose this is probably un-interesting to you all, but as I am never sick, I never realized how horrible it was. I also never realized how hard it is to be an adult. I couldn't just miss class and come home to sleep. I had to go to work, and I had to take care of Miceala when I got home. I don't think I'm cut out for this grownup stuff.

Labels:

posted by Michele at 6:55 PM |

4 Comments:

At June 7, 2007 at 9:06 PM, Blogger .::still blinking::. said........
You can call me. I am close and usually home.
 


At June 8, 2007 at 11:30 AM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
That is such a bummer-food poisoning sucks! I hope you are feeling better soon. Good luck on the new job :)
 


At June 8, 2007 at 10:31 PM, Blogger Greg and Sariah said........
A couch in your office? Wow, cool job. Sounds kind of like mine. I have a couch in my office. hehe I wish I got paid though. What is your job title? What exactly do you do? You're like a true adult! With a masters and all! Big stuff! I hope you feel better soon. Good luck with the job.
 


At June 9, 2007 at 7:02 PM, Blogger Michele said........
I am a therapist and I am working for an agency that deals with children, adolescents, and their families, mostly low-income families. Mainly I do mental health assessments, diagnosing, treatment planning, case-managment and talk and play therapy. I will also be leading psychotherapy groups and teaching parenting classes soon. My specific areas of interest and education are pre-school age children, parent-child attachment therapy, eating disorders, self-mutilating behaviors, and Borderline Personality disorders. Sounds like it came right off my resume! Sorry, I'm still really excited about actually getting paid to do what I'm interested in:)