Sunday, June 24, 2007
Yesterday my friend Jamie and I engaged in a long discussion of "being prepared." For what? Well we probably talked about every single horrible possibility that could ever, ever occur. It was a charming conversation. When we got around to the "what if we lost our jobs?" question I began to wonder what I would do if I couldn't work in my field. For example, what if everyone in the whole world became sane overnight and there were no more problems. I would be SOL. Never fear, I have a back-up plan.
Lately Micaela and I have been exploring different fun activities. For a two-year-old she is quite flexible, and I believe it's fair to say she's game for anything. When she was very little, still in a baby carrier little, I used to take her to Barnes and Noble and she would nap and I would read. It worked out well. Then she became loud and mobile and my plan no longer worked. However, recently Micaela and I have been spending quite a few evenings at Barnes and Noble. I LOVE it. Yes, capitalized letters to emphasize my excitement. I LOVE Barnes and Noble so much that I honestly think I could make a career working there. Of course I would have certain demands. I wouldn't want to work weekends (since I've done that for the last 8 years,) I would expect a discount on all books purchased, I would need reading breaks (looking at all those books would be so tempting), and I would not work at a Barnes and Noble that doesn't have a Starbucks. That's a necessity. Salary not important, free pastries would be a bonus.

Labels:

posted by Michele at 5:42 PM |

2 Comments:

At June 25, 2007 at 7:29 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
I think it sounds like a good back up plan. If the world does turn sane on you and you do happen to get a job at B&N then you will have to add discounts for your favorite friends as a requirement for your employment! (And hopefully I will be lucky enough to make it into the "favorite friends" category :))
 


At June 29, 2007 at 4:08 PM, Blogger Michele said........
I'll see what I can do...