I was sitting down to write a blog venting about a particular subject that has been on my mind, but I decided not to because 1) I'm trying to be more positive and uplifting and less cynical and complaining and 2) Micaela has been saying so many cute things lately I just have to share!
Caleb took a night off this week, which is great for so many reasons. Mainly because then he will barbecue, which is the absolute best. Also, he was able to go to Micaela's gymnastics class with me. We arrived a little early, and were waiting outside the classroom with Micaela's teacher, Ms. Tammy. When Micaela saw her she ran up pointed to Caleb and proclaimed "it's dada!" Ms. Tammy acknowledged Caleb, and then Micaela pointed to me and said "it's mama! It's mama and dada!" As if there was never anything in the whole, wide world crazier than mama and dada being together, in the same place and the same time. Fortunately Ms. Tammy understands our situation completely, as her and her husband work opposite shifts as well.
We have decided to start pre-potty training, as no one in my house is ready or willing to do "real" potty training. What is pre-potty training? Well it's a lot of fun talking about peepee and poopoo and when we go peepee and poopoo and telling mama and dada about our peepee and poopoo. I've been trying to help Micaela identify when she is going, and alerting me to the fact. Normally when I sense this, I will go behind her and pat her bottom, questioning "poopoo?" May sound crazy to some, but what I think is crazy is now she will randomly come up to me, pat my behind, and says "poopoo"...in public!
Also, Micaela really enjoys coloring. Not with crayons. With markers. Which I can relate to, as I will only write with pen (not pencil, makes my skin crawl and my hands feel chalky) and color with markers (I still prefer the smelly kind). I was smart enough to get washable markers for my office and the kids that come and see me, but we don't have washable markers at home. Anyways, last night I noticed blue marker on the wall. I called Micaela in and, using my exaggerated voice, said "uh-oh, look at this!" Micaela looked at it very intently, examining from all angles, turned to me and said in a grave tone "uh-oh, dada in trouble." Trying not to laugh I asked "Did dada draw this or did Micaela draw this." Maintaining her serious tone she replied "dada." Apparently my husband now draws on walls!
I think it's odd that 2-year-olds are known for the "terrible 2's." How come we don't talk more about all the funny/crazy/hilarious things they say and do??


posted by Michele at 3:48 PM