It was incredibly hot, over 100 degrees every day. My grandma says she has air conditioning, but I'm extremely doubtful, as I was constantly drenched in sweat the entire weekend. We did do some outdoorsy things and took a trip up to the beautiful mountains.

Caleb and grandpa went fishing,

while Micaela and grandma went exploring and walking,

while I sat on a lawn chair and drank diet coke, ate butter mints, and re-read the Harry Potter books, in anxious anticipation of the release of the FINAL HARRY POTTER BOOK!!!

I'm considering taking the day off of work to read the book.
Other than that we did some fun things. On the 4th we watched fireworks, which Micaela surprisingly enjoyed. We also went to their Butch Cassidy festival, where the cotton candy vendor gave Micaela a free bag of cotton candy because she was just staring at all that candy, and I'm sure he pitied the poor dear whose mean old mother wouldn't buy her any! Caleb and I also went on an evening four wheeler excursion. Well Caleb did all the excursion, I just held on. There are two reasons I do not drive my own four wheeler: 1) If I ride behind Caleb I am shielded from all the dirt and bugs flying towards us and 2) last time I was on a snowmobile I flew off the edge of the cliff, while my husband continued to drive off, completely unaware that I was no longer with him!
I was also able to take a day trip down to Kanab, where my good friend Sarah now lives. Kanab is a little town on the Utah/Arizona border that looks very much like the Grand Canyons. Not that I've ever actually seen the Grand Canyons, but Kanab looks like what I imagine the Grand Canyons to look like.

Sarah showed me around the town and even took me to the model homes of the new housing development. We also went to the Paiute Indian tribe, and saw their homes and buildings, which was most definitely a cultural experience. Overall the extra two hour drive was worth it.
I'll be ordering our camera dock asap and hopefully start having more pictures of my own to post!


posted by Michele at 3:51 PM