The camp had various family activities, including lectures, games, swimming and out-doorsey stuff. I was very motivated one day and decided to wake up early and participate in "lap swim." Which I figured was a casual swimming time. I was so wrong. I was the only person there who was not wearing a sporty bathing suit, goggles and a swim cap (is that what those ugly, skin colored hair things are called?) I was also by far the slowest swimmer, and stuck the lay-on-your-back-and-float swim. The next day I passed on "lap swim" and did mid-day water aerobics with my grandparents. I may have been the only participant under 40, but it was much more my style.

My cousin Ryan, who enjoyed the pool much more than myself. This picture is on the camp slide show.
Micaela also had a blast. She was part of the two-year-old group called "The Rompers." She loved it so much she cried one day when I made her miss class to take a nap. She was really pretty good, but why wouldn't she be? She had all the attention of my 30 something relatives. She even made it on the website slide show, with this picture.

The worst part for her was an unfortunate fall that left her head with a nasty bruise.

She was a trooper. A baby Tylenol and she was good to go!
The next exciting thing I did was a ropes course/rock climb/pole climb. I have been rock climbing twice. Once I went to an indoor climbing wall and I was unable to complete a course called "bunny trail." How pathetic is that? I mean if you have ever seen my arms you would know that they are, put together, the size of a toothpick. No muscle whatsoever. So I was not very encouraged. However I made it to the top! I even finished the ropes course. I made sure that my father and mother thoroughly documented the event for proof to Caleb, who was flying that day, because I knew he would never believe me.
Katy, Kristi and me

...and so I begin..

..ending the pole and transferring on to the rock wall...

...my derriere sticking out...

...walking the ropes...

...and repelling down! Oh and that's my dad climbing up next to me.
Not only did I go rock climbing, but I also went hiking. Kristi and I were determined to go on the 16 mile hike up to Timp Falls, but when we realized we had to leave at 6:00 in the morning, we decided to do our own hike. I was hot and sweaty and refuse to share any pictures of myself, but here are some pretty ones of the scenery.

We decided to go down and take a closer look. -

Overall we really did have fun and maintained quite well. However, I still have to say the wilderness has nothing on a good day at the mall.


posted by Michele at 6:52 PM