Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Every once in a while I remember why I chose to work with kids. They are honest. Like the little boy who always used to tell me office smelled bad. (For the record I always had scented candles melting on a candle warmer to make it smell inviting!) Or the little girl who said I had "sucky candy," which is true because I stock my office candy with the value candy pack and keep the chocolate to myself. Anyways this little girl at Micaela's gymnastics class made my day. We were waiting outside the gymnastics preschool room, waiting for the previous class to finish, when Micaela starting playing with some of the older gymnasts. When I went over to get her, one little girl said to me (while pointing at Micaela) "is this your little sister?" I told her no, that Micaela was my daughter, and she said "Oh, you look more like a sister than a mom." I knew I was too young to have a daughter! From now on I will introduce Micaela as my little sister. I'm just wondering when I get to stop babysitting?

Labels: ,

posted by Michele at 5:49 PM |

2 Comments:

At September 20, 2007 at 10:54 AM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
I wonder how your mom would feel having a child Micaela's age...one that she can't send home with her "sister" at the end of the day. Does Micaela like gym? Thanks for the new post :)
 


At September 21, 2007 at 1:51 PM, Blogger Adam and Andrea said........
I still get comments. I will always be the girls sister, babysitter or friend and my Mom will awalys be their Mom. Have you had rude remarks yet or lectures on how you're to young to be a mom. Maybe it's just a Nevada thing. Be glad you age well. I love it.