Monday, October 29, 2007
We have made it a personal goal to celebrate the holidays more, and I think we have done a fairly good job so far. I will probably never be the person who decorates her home for every holiday, but I am working towards being more festive. While Micaela attended a church Halloween party with my grandparents, Caleb and I took the night out to go to a costume party. You can never imagine the struggle it was to convince Caleb that you have to dress in a costume at a costume party. He was so convinced that we would be the only ones in costume...which did cross my mind as well, but thankfully everyone else was dressed up.


I think Caleb makes a convincing Captain Jack Sparrow. He can even do a pretty decent imitation.


The hosts, Susannah and Neil, or Zorro and the wife of Zorro


The costume prize winners, Martin and Chiho, or Dog the bounty hunter and his wife Beth







For Halloween we have also been doing more family things. We followed what appears to be a Utah tradition and went to a pumpkin patch.Micaela enjoyed the outing and was so overwhelmed by the mass quantities of pumpkins.







She was particularly disturbed by the "yucky" pumpkins that were rotting, and decided she would point out every one of them.

We were a little late on getting our pumpkins, but we got them and Caleb even carved them. He was instructed to pick out three, one that represented him, one for me, and one for Micaela

The tall thin one is him, the little baby one is Micaela and I am the short fat one with the sour expression.

Micaela even got to decorate her own pumpkin. Beautiful!

Labels: ,

posted by Michele at 6:05 PM |

5 Comments:

At October 31, 2007 at 3:01 PM, Blogger Justin and Amy said........
I have fully embraced the Utah Pumpkin Patch fad too. So funny that its such a big thing here:) And I love the Halloween costumes. Caleb makes a wonderful Jack Sparrow!
 


At November 2, 2007 at 8:54 AM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
You guys make cute pirates! The pumpkin patch must be a national fad b/c everyone in KY was doing it as well :)
 


At November 2, 2007 at 5:24 PM, Blogger .::still blinking::. said........
You are not short and fat, but that made me giggle quietly to myself.
 


At November 2, 2007 at 6:34 PM, Blogger Nate and Bre said........
I wanted to see a picture of Micaela in her halloween costume! you guys are cute, but she's cuter.
 


At November 2, 2007 at 6:35 PM, Blogger Nate and Bre said........
Oh, and you are not short and fat.