Saturday, November 17, 2007
Micaela is the funniest kid. This last week she has been particularly hilarious. She seems to observe mine and Caleb's behaviors and mimics them perfectly. She is also quite the drama queen, which I attribute to Caleb completely. When she was riding in the our beat up car with Caleb, it stalled. Right when it stalled she said "uh oh dada." Caleb had to work on it for a few minutes, trying to get it to start. Micaela voiced her frustrations by saying "stupid car." By this time Caleb was laughing, and when he finally got the car started Micaela congratulated him by saying "good job dada!"

My favorite Micaela moment of the last week was when she scratched her leg. She's a pretty tough kid. That she gets from me, no doubt. We're still not quite sure what she was doing, but she scratched her leg. It was bleeding pretty freely, and she came to show us, pointing at it saying "it's yucky!" She must have seen the concern in my face and the horror in Caleb's (he hates blood) and began to realize she could milk this. She started whining about it, and kept pointing to make sure we realized that pain she must be feeling. When she thought she was losing our interest she walked out of the room, turned in the doorway to face us, pointed at her leg and then lifted her arms towards the sky and cried "why, why, why!" As if she could not believe that such a travesty has come upon her. She drug herself to her room, as Caleb and I laughed hysterically. A short while later I went in and asked her to clean up her toys. With a solemn face she shook her head and said "I can't do it" while pointing to her scratch on her leg. As if she couldn't believe I could possibly expect her to continue on with her life when she was so obviously tormented by the pain of her injury. Although I believe she has healed quite nicely, she has now decided to honor her scratch by coloring it with markers. Today she decided to color it blue, with a permanent marker, which still hasn't come off. I'm wondering if she chose the permanent marker to represent the permanent scar this horrible tragedy will imprint in her life.


Labels:

posted by Michele at 8:22 AM |

3 Comments:

At November 17, 2007 at 1:08 PM, Blogger Nate and Bre said........
She's a sharp one. The offer still stands to send her to our house...
 


At November 19, 2007 at 7:19 AM, Blogger Justin and Amy said........
Oh my goodness! That is such a funny story. I can totally picture her throwing her arms up and shouting "Why!" Those are the moments you wish you could have a video. I would have loved to see that! I hope the marker comes off:) Good luck with that!
 


At November 19, 2007 at 8:35 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
That was very entertaining. Micaela is so funny! If that had been on "Kids Say the Darndest Things" it definitely would have won :)