Wednesday, December 26, 2007
In addition to this post being my last Christmas post of the year, it was also one year ago that I posted for the FIRST time on this blog! So happy anniversary blog! I'll write more about that later, but today I am focusing on Christmas. Our Christmas was quiet and uneventful, yet relaxing and nice. We had rented a small plane to fly to visit my grandma (what's the perk of having a pilot husband if you can't rent a plane every now and then?) but our plans were cancelled due to our white Christmas. I wasn't willing to fly in a small plane in the snowstorm we had Christmas Eve. However, I did drive across town to visit family for the traditional Christmas story and food. I have to say we had a great tree this year. I will always buy a real tree because the smell is divine, and one of the few smells I will allow to overcome my home.




We must have been good because Santa stopped by bearing gifts. Caleb and I had already picked our gifts from each other, I know it's not a surprise but it's great getting something you love! However, we decided to do small stocking stuffer gifts for each other within a certain budget. Caleb spent double our budget on me! Which was irritating and nice. His big gift was new golf clubs. Mine was clothes (of course) although he did suprise me with a spa gift certificate, which is absolutely fantastic. We also got an amazing new bed set, which we will have to wait to use until we buy our bigger bed.

Micaela has been wanting a doll. Ok so she has never said she wants a doll, but she always likes playing with them and I took her little doll to work and it was "misplaced." Besides she needs this doll because it pees and wears big kid underwear like her.


We also got her a new stocking this year to fit in with the Disney themed stockings that Caleb and I have.






She got lots of princess stuff, and it is mostly toy items of things she likes to play with, like a little blow dryer, nail polish, car keys (with beeper), and camera. She has been blow drying everyone's hair for the past 24 hours.


More princess items. Disney made a killing off of my family alone this Christmas.



Part of the mess made from our presents.


Micaela has been attached to her baby since she saw her. She even reads her stories.

We decided to do a big Christmas dinner. We were given a turkey and thought we might as well try. I don't particularly enjoy cooking, but with Caleb's help I think it turned out well. I made a feta tomato salad...


...red mashed potatoes...


...and a rosemary basil turkey.



Caleb said it was the best turkey he ever had, although he made most of it so it's not really a compliment to my cooking. All in all it was great and I'm thankful it's over. Next year we are planning a vacation during the holidays and we wont have to cook!



posted by Michele at 2:52 PM |

3 Comments:

At December 27, 2007 at 8:07 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
It looks like it was a successful Christmas for you guys. Your tree was beautiful and the turkey looked delicious!
 


At December 30, 2007 at 1:41 PM, Blogger Justin and Amy said........
This comment has been removed by the author.
 


At December 30, 2007 at 1:41 PM, Blogger Justin and Amy said........
That meal looks wonderful Michele! And it looks like you all made out well for Christmas. I love giving presents to little girls... you can't go wrong with princess stuff! Again, great job on the dinner. And I love your tree:)