Thursday, December 20, 2007
We have been doing so many Christmas things I feel like candy canes and frosted sugar cookies are oozing from my pores. Yes oozing. I have no one to blame but myself. I asked for this. I have been to three Christmas parties (all with white elephant gifts) and last weekend we went to this Christmas festival. We brought along my grandparents and aunt as an early Christmas present. There we took a train around "Christmas Village" and stopped at the little houses to do things like watch a Christmas puppet show, write letters to Santa, sing carols, make crafts, hear Christmas stories, and of course see Santa. It was all in typical cheesy Utah fashion, but Micaela loved it and I think Caleb and I enjoyed it a little too.




Did I mention it was like 20 degrees outside. So freezing. Micaela could have cared less. She is the most un-complaining kid I know when it comes to the cold.



One of the shops had all these vintage toys which Micaela loved. Caleb bought her one of course, as it would be impossible for him to leave the house without getting her something.





Micala's new best friend is Santa. She loves him. She looks at the crying kids like they are crazy. After all what little kid wouldn't sit on Santa's lap for a candy cane? The difficult part was getting her off his lap.



Don't worry, in a few days Christmas will be over and I'm sure I will find something else to post about!
posted by Michele at 6:08 PM |

4 Comments:

At December 20, 2007 at 7:24 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
I love Micaela's pink hat, gloves and shoes. Very cute. Looks like it was a fun time!
 


At December 20, 2007 at 7:25 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
And no...we do not have any blow up Christmas decorations in our yard :)
 


At December 21, 2007 at 6:36 AM, Blogger Harried Mom said........
I wish my two would sit on Santa's lap like that. They were those kids that wouldn't do it for a candy cane...actually they wouldn't even come within 2 feet of Santa! Funny thing was is Bailey spoke about going to see Santa incessantly. Kids are interesting creatures.
 


At December 26, 2007 at 3:05 PM, Blogger Justin and Amy said........
I love Christmas festivals. But there is something not so fun about freezing your behind off while enjoying the prettiness and festivities. Then again, Christmas only comes around once:) Micaela looked so enthralled with those toys. Did you get her one for Christmas?:)