Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Well I am finally starting to pop. I knew it was bound to happen. I am actually grateful that I am starting to move away from the awkward stage I describe as the "I'm not really fat, honest!" stage. I am now in the "can't you see my little bump" stage. I gave up sqweezing into my jeans and put on maternity clothes. I figured it was also time to let people at work know I am pregnant too! Here is the first baby bump picture.




In other baby news we find out the sex of the baby on the 21st. Caleb is so excited he suggested that after we find out we spend the rest of the evening shopping for baby stuff. I almost started crying tears of joy. The majority of people have guessed that we will have another girl. I think this as well, although I feel it is important to note that I would be happy either way! Having a baby is a blessing enough. The reasons I think it will be a girl are very unscientific, but here they are:

1. There are no boys in my family. All girls and not a tomboy in the bunch.

2. None of Caleb's brothers have boys. In fact, in Caleb's family we have 2 nephews, the youngest is 12 (I think) and 8 nieces (not counting step-children.) So girls are definitely predominant and the latest trend.

3. I have 12 girl cousins and only 7 boy cousins, once again a predominant theme. My father and his sister both only have girls, and there are no all boy families.

4. We have a girl, a very girly girl. Therefore, we know we can have a girl. Still unsure of whether we can have a boy.

5. During Micaela's birthday party we asked my family members and they all thought we were having a girl. The only person who voted for a boy was Katy's roommate, but she just met me that day so she doesn't count.

6. Auntie BreAnn was the first person to feel the baby kick, aside from me, and she said it feels like a girl kick.

I feel I should point out that Caleb thinks it's a boy, and I guess his vote matters a little. Any guesses?

Labels:

posted by Michele at 6:37 PM |

6 Comments:

At March 12, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Blogger Nate and Bre said........
Where's the pregnant lady? That is not a pop. I'll tell you when there is a pop. Is that a new shirt? I double vote for a girl. Once for me and once for Nate. Sorry Caleb...
 


At March 13, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Blogger Harried Mom said........
Well, whatever the sex I can't wait to get started on a gender specific quilt for the baby! You look great!
 


At March 14, 2008 at 8:52 AM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
What a cute little bump you have! Funny that my non-pregnant bump is bigger than your 18 weeks pregnant bump but I still love you :) I think it will be a girl but I am secretly hoping for a boy as I would love to see you with a little boy :)
 


At March 16, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Blogger Karen Rand said........
So cute Michele. But that is barely a bump :) I'm hoping for a boy even though the odds are against it. Your Dad needs a boy :) Someone to pass the cool ties on to.
 


At March 18, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Blogger Michele said........
The chinese gender prediction calendar says I am having a boy and I have taken all of these old wives tales tests online and they all say boy. I also took one that was supposed to predict the sex of your baby based on your parenting style, and mine was 50/50! The suspense is killing me!
 


At March 18, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Blogger Michele said........
I forgot to mention Micaela votes girl every time I ask her.