Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Lately I have been trying to do extra fun things with Micaela. As always, I deeply analyze my actions, and I believe I am doing this because on some deep level I am concerned about how Micaela will respond to having a sibling. This may seem trivial, as most people have siblings and have survived it somehow, but I am concerned about the adjustment a second child will be for all of us. Things are so easy right now. We have our routines and things work. Change has always been difficult for me, and I know change is difficult for children. I feel like having one child was a huge adjustment for us and I'm thinking having another one is still going to be a huge adjustment. As Caleb would say, if I don't have anything to worry about I find something to worry about.
Anyways, this last weekend we went to a luncheon with Belle. It was a little pricey, considering the food was quite small (I ate all of mine, most of Caleb's, and some of Micaela's!) However, I realize we paid for the experience and not the food. The girls were encouraged to wear princess dresses, which to me meant dresses, shoes, earrings, matching purse, and hair done. Micaela had a ball!

I love the serene look on Micaela's face as the little girl above her is screaming her head off!
Waiting patiently for Belle to make her appearance.
And here she is! She wasn't quite as friendly and charming in person as on TV.

She visited each table and handed our presents. This is Micaela's expression as she approached our table. Notice the measly portion of food!

After lunch Belle taught the girls how to wave, dance...


...and curtsy. You know, all of the important things for young girls to know. This is said with slight sarcasm...
She had a star painted on her face and glitter sprayed in her hair at a booth.
Right before we left she received a rose from Belle, which she had to smell immediately.

I forgot to mention that Caleb was one of about 5 dads who came. He was a little uncomfortable, but I gave him an A for effort. I told him this was just the beginning, we still have her prom, her wedding....

Labels: ,

posted by Michele at 4:20 PM |

4 Comments:

At March 18, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Blogger Greg and Sariah said........
Well that's just adorable. All those little girls in princess dresses...wow. Today I was wishing for a sweet little princess. We've hit nasty terrible terrible two's and I am also not looking forward to the change this is going to have on Camden when the sibling arrives. I must say she was the prettiest princess there.
 


At March 18, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
What a fun time for little girls! You would think they would have been a little more generous with the food portions since I am sure you aren't the first pregnant lady to eat there :) Only a few more days!
 


At March 18, 2008 at 10:07 PM, Blogger Nate and Bre said........
Wow! Princess heaven. Why wasn't I invited? We would also like to know why Michele wasn't dressed up as a princess. Belle remember, and where is the Little Mermaid?
 


At March 20, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Blogger Karen Rand said........
Wow. How fun!!! What a great day. Dressing up, shoes, earrings, crowns, Princess's every where:) And what a prince charming Caleb is.