This is Micaela's preggo picture of me. She just couldn't get my face, and when I told her to get my face, she got only my face and not my belly. We decided my belly would be more interesting than my face to post.
For those who haven't heard, I am scheduled to pop this baby out on August 13th at 7:30 am. Apparently the hospital doesn't realize that the majority of my family (Caleb and Micaela) do not arise at such an awful hour, but I'm hoping they'll make an exception. We were told we could only have 4 people in the labor room, and Caleb has gracefully offered to sacrifice his spot for anyone willing to come lend a hand. He gets a little queasy at hospitals, but I assured him that I would be the one doing all the work and he just gets to sit and look pretty.
Change of subject...on the 4th of July we got to go back to Reno! We had such an amazing time. We haven't been back since Thanksgiving and we were able to see almost everyone we wanted to see. Micaela enjoyed the fireworks, and Caleb and I went with Katy and my dad to see Boston in concert. I enjoyed the loud music, but was unable to stand the entire time, possibly because of my recent weight gain and the high heels I refuse to part with. Which could possibly have something to do with my constant back pain??
We saw movies, ate food you can't get in Utah (In and Out, El Pollo Loco, Super Burrito...) and visited with friends and family. Micaela played with her grandparents non-stop and had a chance to visit with her cousins.
Also, I have become more domestic. I usually shy away from building anything. I am not a handy, fix-it-yourself kind of person. I prefer to have things fixed for me, less chance of me making a bigger mess. I just don't have that intelligence that some people possess to be able to put things together. However, one day I decided to build all of the baby stuff I ordered. Here it is.
I built the baby bouncer, swing and bassinet all by myself. Except for one mistake that would have been fine, but Caleb noticed it and decided to fix it. No, I didn't have to use any more tools than a screwdriver to build this stuff, but I am proud of myself and I plan on building even more things...things that come with instructions and labeled pieces.While in Reno I also made some baby blankets. I have been wanting some bright and unique blankets, so I made them myself, after shopping in my mother's sewing room and enlisting her help. Once again, this may be something that most people can do, but I have never used a sewing machine before so this was a big step!

The baby's room is pink and brown so these should match well. I'm also working towards making a bag. By working towards I mean my mother showed me a picture and I thought it looked cute.
So much else has been going on, but I think this is a long enough post. I'm excited to have Internet access again and look forward to blogging more often. I'm hoping this baby will be here soon and promise to post pictures ASAP when she makes her debut!




posted by Michele at 6:44 PM