When we got to the hospital I was sure they were going to tell us to come back when my contractions were closer together, but after examining me and noting I was almost dilated to a 6 they said I could stay. Fortunately I have an amazing family who dropped everything to make it to the hospital. My parents took the first flight out, my aunt left work, and my sister and brother-in-law drove down from Idaho. Oh and Caleb took the night off of work as well:)Thanks guys!
Surprisingly, my labor was kind of fun. We watched the Olympics and pre-season football (hoping that this baby wouldn't becomes a Packers fan by osmosis) and the contractions weren't as bad as I remembered. I had an amazingly nice nurse who said she would stay after her shift if necessary to see my baby being born.

By the way my father was the photographer, so there were many odd pictures of things like the TV, or my doctor's watch. This is me and my aunt Kristi, who was my unofficial labor coach/assigned to make sure Caleb didn't pass out.
After 8 more hours of labor I was ready to go. My doctor actually made it this time, and literally was talking about football with my dad and Caleb as I was preparing to push. After three sets of pushes I heard the magical words "she has so much hair!" This was exciting because Micaela had a ton of hair and we were hoping that this baby would share that trait.They immediately put her on my stomach and our newest addition was introduced to Caleb and I for the first time. She was so beautiful.
We named her Scarlett Adele DeCremer. It took us a while to decide on a middle name, but we chose to name her after my grandmother on the suggestion of my parents. We felt it was a good fit, as both names are somewhat old fashioned.
Scarlett weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces and was 20 inches long. She has black hair and blue eyes...although I'm not entirely convinced they wont eventually turn brown like mine:)
One of the best feelings in the world is holding a newborn for the first time.


Caleb gave her her first bath....


....and shortly thereafter the camera died. And of course the gift shop was out of cameras. We took the rest of the pictures on our cell phones, but I wanted to share at least most of her first day of life.
Scarlett has been an amazing addition to our family. I am so grateful to be chosen to be the mother of this precious little girl. Thanks to all our wonderful family members and friends who helped out and offered their love and support. We are both home now and doing really well. I promise to post more pictures later, as she has honestly gets cuter as the days pass!
"Life affords no greater responsibility, no greater privilege, than raising of the next generation."
~C. Everett Koop
Labels: The Fam


posted by Michele at 9:20 PM
I hope that all are well and that big sister is happy to have the new addition.
Congratulations mama!