Sunday, August 3, 2008
I find myself very bored and anxious as I'm waiting for this new addition to our family. Every time someone asks me how much longer, I tell them, and they always respond "oh that's so close" or "it could be any day now." Trust me I know. Everyday I wake up and think...am I going to have my baby today? While I'm sitting around "patiently" waiting I've been thinking about a lot of random things.

-Has anyone seen the show Ice Road Truckers? Me neither. I heard the title and realized I now know what the worst job in the world would be. Driving a truck on ice sounds absolutely ludicrous. No thanks.

-Why do doctors even examine women to tell if they are dilated? When you can be dilated at a one and have your baby that day or dilated at a 4 for a few weeks? By the way, does it seem odd to anyone else that there really is no way to tell when you are going to go into labor?

-I think Micaela's princess theme has gone to far. She now has been calling Caleb "sir" and me "your majesty." Cute at first, but somewhat embarrassing in public. Although not as embarrassing as when she pulled up her dress to adjust her princess panties.

-I recently bought a whole bag of chewy chocolate chip cookies for myself to celebrate the last two weeks that I can eat whatever I want. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a diet where you can eat a whole bag of chewy chocolate chip cookies and lose weight?

-Is there any way I can convince my doctor to not weigh me tomorrow? If so, I will have a few more cookies.

-How are we possibly going to have two children? We should have raised Micaela and then, if we did a decent job, had another one. Or by that time we would only be 40, obviously still young enough to take a few years off and travel around the world. That's why we have to have the 2nd one now. Because there is no way we would give up our world travels to have another child. Just kidding. Kind of.

Labels:

posted by Michele at 4:50 PM |

4 Comments:

At August 4, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Blogger The Gorringe Family said........
I have not only heard of, but I have seen Ice truckers, Justin thinks that would be a fun job and yes I think that it is crazy too. And if you think about how much you will weigh now and then how much after the baby is born, I think that you will loose a few pounds, so as long as you only eat vast amounts of cookies right before giving birth, they could be a cookie diet and you would actually lose weight:)
Have fun waiting and let me know what happens or when it happens!
 


At August 5, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Blogger Nate and Bre said........
Your majesty! I love it. Do you think we can get Nate to call me that in public! I think you should eat two bags of cookies. Maybe if you keep eating them your body will get used to the extra sugar and yummy chocolate and your metabolism will keep up. (Then again, I never took a nutrition class and live for cookies so you probably shouldn't be listening to me. ) We can't wait for Scarlett. Everytime I get a text I stop what I am doing to look at my phone because I am so ready for her to be here already.
 


At August 5, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Blogger OtelaLove said........
I think "Icetruckers" is a great show and you should watch it, but I enjoy "Deadliest Catch" a smidge more. My friend that was just about a week ahead of you had her baby on Saturday so it's your turn next my friend. I can't wait to meet Princess Scarlett!!!!!!
 


At August 8, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Blogger Justin and Amy said........
That blog from Micaela is so so funny! I love her answers. That was highly entertaining. And I love your "few days before having your baby" thoughts. I have been tempted already to ask the doctor not to weigh me at my appointments. I'm so excited for you! I can't even imagine how anxious you are. Just be happy you are down to days instead of weeks and you don't live in Las Vegas:) Can't wait to see your new baby!