Wednesday, August 20, 2008
This last week has flown by so fast I can hardly keep up. For those of you who don't know, I am not a homebody. I prefer to be busy and on-the-go. So although it's been little more than a week since Scarlett was born, I have been out quite a lot. I've gone to visit friends and family members and I even went to work for an evening.
I am particularly excited about Micaela starting preschool. This has been quite the anxiety provoking situation for me, as I didn't start looking for a preschool until July, which apparently is crazy because shouldn't I have known that preschools start enrolling for fall during December of the previous year? Also, shouldn't I have known that preschool is expensive? Fortunately I found a preschool that I felt good about that put her on a waiting list and was just expensive, as opposed to expensive. More good news came when she actually got off the waiting list and made it in a class before school started. Even more good news came when I realized that we could go back to school shopping, and to top it off we got to go back to school shopping with grandma and grandpa.


Needless to say she absolutely loved her first day and constantly tells me that she is going back. Almost to reassure herself. Like "I'm going back to preschool." With a long pause as if she's challenging me to tell her otherwise.

I've had a lot of questions from people about Micaela's adjustment to the new baby. So far, it has been a lot better than I expected. She loves the baby, but she is gentle and not overly suffocating. She hates it when the baby cries. Whenever she cries, Micaela yells from wherever she's at "I'm coming baby Scarlett!" The other day she asked why the baby was crying, and I told her "I think she just wants her mama." To which she replied "no, I think she just wants her Micaela."
Although she loves the baby, we have noticed that the first few days were a little difficult for her. She started fake crying a lot more and requested to be held by both of us, something she normally doesn't want anymore. This has faded over the days, and we're starting to see more of our "big girl" Micaela back.


We're going out of town for the next week and I wanted to post some updated pictures of Scarlett before we left. I can't believe how much she has grown in just a week. And yes, I do dress her up and make her wear ridiculous bows in her hair. Someday, most likely when she is going through a rebellious phase and wearing all black, I will fondly remember the days when I could make her wear whatever girly outfits I wanted.




Aren't these cheeks just adorable?






Labels:

posted by Michele at 5:19 PM |

6 Comments:

At August 20, 2008 at 8:24 PM, Blogger Justin and Amy said........
Holy cow those pics are so cute. I love the look on Micaela's face in the pic with Scarlett. And I am ALL about the bows in the hair. Although I will not have a choice if I want people to know my daughter is a she. She will be a very bald baby, unlike your little Scarlett.
 


At August 20, 2008 at 10:51 PM, Blogger Adam and Andrea said........
Bows are fine but please try to refrain from the really big flower thingies that seem to be in. Your baby is beautiful. Don't hide her behind those monstrosities. HEHE! But that’s just my beef with those funny looking things. LOL! Those outfits are so stinkin’ adorable. Styles have come a long way for babies since I had babies. Can’t say the same for kids stuff though, it’s kind of scary for girls 5 and older. Have fun traveling but remember to try to take it easy too. You have a great excuse. Have fun!
 


At August 21, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Blogger Michele said........
I agree about the big flower thingies, I'm not that bad! Lately I've enjoyed making curls in her hair with my finger, although they don't last too long!
 


At August 21, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Blogger Nate and Bre said........
What a good big sister! Scarlett is so pretty. You guys weren't kidding she does take after Grandpa. She is so beautiful; I can't get over it!
 


At August 21, 2008 at 10:33 PM, Blogger OtelaLove said........
Your girls are so super cute!!! Thanks so much for coming to visit us Tuesday, I always love just chatting with you and catching up. Grayson loves playing with Caela too!!!!
 


At August 27, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
I have to say that I am a fan of big bows with big flowers...I will try to refrain from sending any to you :) Maybe it is a good thing Fisher is not a girl. Scarlett is adorable and I can not get over how much hair your kids have!