Saturday, August 9, 2008
The mood at my house is anxious. Ok so my mood is anxious. However, Micaela has been making me laugh a lot lately. I love it when I receive a call from Caleb saying "you will never believe what Micaela just said..." Here are a few of my favorites from the past week.

-Keep in mind Micaela is very into fantasy. Her and Caleb were at a gas station and she saw a man who Caleb guessed was over 400 pounds. Not only did she stare, but she loudly said "dada what is he?" As if someone that large couldn't be of the human race.

-As a young child was tantruming at the grocery store Micaela, once again, loudly proclaimed "mama he's not making good choices. Does he need a time out?" So helpful.

-She snuck into bed with me while Caleb was in the shower one night. When he came out and saw her, he told her she needed to go back to her own bed. She replied "no thank you." You know, because she obviously felt that he was offering a suggestion.

-Along the same lines, I told her we needed to have dinner and she said "no thank you. Just cookies."

-She also tells on us to my mother-in-law. She was playing with her toys and her books when she was supposed to be napping, so we took them away and made her lie down. Later that day she talked to my MIL on the phone and told her "mama took away all my toys and dada took away all my books and I cry."

-This is becoming a theme, seeking sympathy from others for the horrible things she endures from her parents. Just now she asked if she could have some bread. Of course she had already gotten a piece of bread out of the bag and was carrying it around the house. I took it away from her, telling her I would make her some food in a minute. She ran into her room and "cried." Which is to say she faked it. When Caleb got home she ran to him saying that I took away her bread "and made me cry in my hands in my room." Complete with a re-enactment of her crying in her hands. Cinderella style.

-I took her to work with me the other day and made her introduce herself to one of my co-workers. She said her name, then she looked at me, waited a minute, and said "and this is mama." Obviously a little embarrassed for me that I couldn't introduce myself.

PS. No baby yet...
posted by Michele at 7:31 PM |

2 Comments:

At August 11, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
I've really enjoyed the last few posts. Micaela is a funny girl. The "Sir" and "Your Majesty" is hilarious. It will be interesting to see what kind of personality Scarlett has. Can't wait to see her!
 


At August 12, 2008 at 6:07 AM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
I want to see pictures of the baby!