Thursday, September 11, 2008
Today Scarlett is one month old! I cannot believe it has already been that long. It's been a fun first month of life, visiting friends and family, but we are now home for a while and establishing a routine.
I am very excited that a few nights ago Scarlett started sleeping through the night! She eats at 11pm and sleeps until 6am! I never thought I would be so excited to wake up at 6am. Ok so I am not excited to wake up at 6am and just yesterday I was yelling and crying to Caleb about how tired I was, but I've been doing better. I've even begun doing my workouts in the morning, which helps me wake up and go to bed earlier.
In other news Scarlett has gained two pounds. She has been to the doctor a few times, and she is so much bigger every time. She had a nasty case of Thrush, which thankfully is all gone now, although it never seemed to affect her eating.
She also loves to be held. At first there was nothing or nowhere else she would want to be, but she's starting to like her swing, sleeps at night in her bassinet, and loves her car seat/stroller. She hates her bouncer. Especially the music and nature sounds it makes. She is most entertained when Micaela is playing with her. She seems completely in awe of Micaela and follows her with her eyes every time she's around. Micaela is hilarious because she says the same things to Scarlett everyday.

"Oh sweetheart you are so pretty."

"Look at that hair!"

"Good boy Scarlett" (She does know that Scarlett is a girl, but she always uses the pronoun "he" when describing her)

"You're fine Scarlett, you're fine."

She also wants to hold her. All the time. And she doesn't want to give her back. Which would be ok I didn't have to balance Scarlett awkwardly in her arms.

Overall she's coping very well with our new addition. I think Caleb and I are coping as well. I'm starting to feel a little more normal and working on losing my baby weight. I have a goal to lose it all by Thanksgiving so I can enjoy stuffing my face without worrying about calories. Wish me luck!


Labels:

posted by Michele at 1:10 PM |

3 Comments:

At September 11, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Blogger Justin and Amy said........
One month old already! I am glad you are surviving with multiple children. It gives me hope for the future:) I love hearing how Micaela acts around Scarlett. It's so cute. Keep posting pictures. She is changing so much already!
 


At September 11, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
Both of your girls are so cute. Congrats on surviving the one month mark. I just have to throw it in there that I will be royally jealous of you if you lose all your baby weight by November when it took me 9 months...and then I gained it all back! J/K. Good luck on your goal. I want you to be able to enjoy your Thanksgiving.
 


At September 11, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Blogger OtelaLove said........
I can't believe how time flys so fast. What a lucky girl you are to have two such sweet babies. I love the picture!!!!