Thursday, October 9, 2008
I have been busy. Insanely busy. And while I love to have things to do I do not enjoy being this busy. Also, I never start sentences with "and" at work, but I always want to and because this is my blog I think I will.
I am now back at work, and working way too hard. My schedule is completely booked and I am so busy. When I get home I spend all evening taking care of the kids, cleaning and cooking...ok warming things up or pouring cereal, but it still makes a mess and uses dishes. Micaela's a great helper. She's good to get a diaper for me or dust. And by dust I mean she takes a baby wipe, dips it in her ranch dressing, and wipes it all over the TV.
I am exhausted every night, but I chose to stay up to wait for Caleb to come home from work. This presidential debate has not been good for our marriage. We argue about it every night, which wouldn't be so funny if we weren't voting for the same candidate. So what do we argue about? I have come to the conclusion that I like to debate, so I usually take the opposite opinion of him just for kicks. It's gotten so bad that we had to put it on our list of "subjects best left undiscussed." Included in this category are my work (Caleb can't stomach hearing about it) and the TV show Verminators (I can't stomach watching it, it makes me want to get up and scrub the house.) So no talk of politics in the house, although we slip on this occasionally.
I think I would collapse from stress if I didn't have such a funny 3-year-old. The other day while driving in the car during the rain, possibly realizing how depressing cold weather is to me, Micaela loudly exclaimed "I have a great idea! Let's do a rain dance to stop the rain!" I thought it sounded like a fabulous idea. Does anyone know of a dance that adds an extra couple of hours to the day? An uninterrupted nap would be nice too.
posted by Michele at 7:15 PM |

1 Comments:

At October 10, 2008 at 7:16 AM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
I am sorry you are so busy these days. I hate when I have a lot of obligations. You should try not working...it is rather liberating :) j/k. I love the pictures of the girls below. I can't get over how long Scarlett's hair is already! Your girls are blessed with beautiful head of hair not to mention how cute they are :) I love the first pair of jeans. Don't you worry- you'll be fitting into your skinny jeans in no time.