This rivalry game was special for us because we got to sit in the cougar club section. We went with my parents, BYU fans, and fortunately my mother served as a buffer and sat between me and my father. I will admit there were some drunk Utah fans making fools of themselves. Sad, but true. However there were also some sober BYU fans making fools of themselves, and I think they were all sitting by us.

First off, the fans in front of us were irritated that we were sitting in the cougar club section. They proceeded to tell my father that when they were at the UNLV game some cougar club member sold his/her tickets to UNLV fans. Then these UNLV fans were seated next to Bronco's family. Gasp! Imagine the nerve of those UNLV fans buying tickets to watch their team play and sitting next to Bronco's family.
Before the game even started one of the fans threatened to put duct tape on my mouth for cheering for the Utes. Once again, imagine that I would go watch my team, who is undefeated, playing their biggest rival, in the game that determines whether they will go to the BCS, playing on their field and I had the nerve to cheer for my team. Another fan was complaining that Utah fans were cheering during the BYU fight song, and that was "disrespectful."
Then the fans behind us were making fun of Utah for playing the fight song after a field goal. Field goals have literally won games for us. They are legitimate points that have made the difference between winning and losing. I will stand up and sing the fight song after my team scores, regardless of how the points were earned.
They proceeded to complain that our band wasn't loud enough, our half time show was boring, and my favorite, that we didn't have as many fans at our game as they do. Which may be because our stadium is smaller. It was sold out, we can't do much more.
Half time was the best, when the fans in front said that all of the Utah fans were leaving and abandoning their team. The game was still close at half time and looking around I didn't seen anyone leaving. However, at the beginning of the 4th quarter I saw a lot of people leaving, and they weren't Ute fans. Then they started talking about how Brian Johnson "must have had a couple beers at half time." Which is very confusing. If he was playing worse in the 2nd half that may make sense, but he continued to play well.
But enough about BUY fans. Utah played great. Brian Johnson completed 30 of 36 passes and Max Hall threw 5 interceptions and had a fumble. Yes BYU played horribly, but Utah played well, from the beginning to the end. Caleb and I recorded the game and came home to re-watch it. Let me just say, it was even better the second time through.
I realize that BYU isn't losing many players this year and they will most likely be the better team next year, so I'm getting it all out now. Utah is not only the first BCS buster, but now they will be the first BCS buster to make it through a second time. As we left the stadium a Utah fan patted my father on the back and said "don't worry, we feel so bad for you guys we will donate half a million dollars to your school."
Quest completed.

posted by Michele at 9:18 PM
When I was a kid and my uncles played football for "the U" we always had season tickets and once had the most disgusting horrible blue fans ever. It was luckily a very cold game - it had snowed the night before and the bleachers were covered - we had to smash the snow in order to even sit down....AND, we threw snow balls at those stupid girls the entire game...without our moms telling us to stop.