Saturday, November 1, 2008
I have decided to participate in NaBloPoMo this month. This means I will be posting every single day. I am actually really excited about challenging myself. I find that I had all of these goals that I kept postponing "...until after I have the baby." Well I've had the baby and now I find that my goals are on a much smaller scale. For example, I was going to learn how to cook. I had plans to research different recipes and try new things, maybe even watch a cooking show or two, but now I find I make it a goal just to clean my kitchen. I guess we all need to start small!

Yesterday was Halloween, which is a holiday I am starting to enjoy more and more. At work we all dressed up in our favorite decade and had a Halloween party, pretty much all day. This is one of the benefits of working with kids, the holidays are decadently celebrated. I was a hippie from the 60's. Caleb called me a tree hugger and Micaela told everyone her mama was a tree hugger for Halloween.

Micaela was a witch...



and Scarlett was a cow.



We took the girls trick-or-treating, which was a hit with Micaela. She asked after every house, "are we going to get more candy?" Finally I called it quits, much to the dismay of the other members of my family who would have stayed out all night.

Labels:

posted by Michele at 9:19 AM |

4 Comments:

At November 1, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Blogger Patsy said........
I too am taking the challenge. I love the costumes of your little ones and enjoy reading the adventures of daily life of those with wee one. Those days are past for me and I find myself now in the role of absentee grandmother because of the distance between us.
Good luck of the thirty post. I'll try to check in to see how things are going. And what your cuties are up to.
 


At November 1, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Blogger OtelaLove said........
Super cute pictures my friend!!!!
 


At November 1, 2008 at 10:08 PM, Blogger Nate and Bre said........
Great choices in costumes. Micaela makes a good witch, but she is naturally a pretty princess.
 


At November 3, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Blogger sugarlilysea said........
I love the costumes. What beautiful girls!