Monday, January 26, 2009
I think I can officially say we are buying a house! I feel like this great opportunity just fell into our hands. We have decided that we will stay in Salt Lake for a little while longer. Caleb will get his CFI rating and start flight instructing soon, which will be a good way to build up experience. This seems like a good choice for our family, as I really enjoy my job and we love all of our friends and family in the area. This being decided, we have been looking at houses. Originally, we thought we would wait until summer to move. However, we found this great house that was half built. I guess the original owners lost their job and had to back out. We looked at the house and loved it, loved the price, and loved the incentives that they were offering. Therefore, we bought it. It all happened pretty quickly. In the last three weeks we signed the paperwork, picked out all the design options (which was amazingly fun) and our loan has been approved. We are expected to close in 30 days! Our life has been an overwhelming whirlwind, and as Caleb says, the sales agent is my new best friend because I am always on the phone with her. Nobody told me buying a house was this stressful!! Anyways, our house has 3 bedrooms and a den, a two car garage, a lot of windows, and the inside will be beautiful when they add all of our design options! I'm thrilled. Here's a few pictures.

This is the outside of our house, the colors will all change except for the brick on the columns
This is the start of our kitchen

This is the start of our laundry/mud room, which is already one of my favorite rooms because I love our cabinets
Hopefully you all like to look at pictures of houses because I have a feeling there will be a lot coming up....

Labels: ,

posted by Michele at 7:32 PM |

6 Comments:

At January 26, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Blogger Justin and Amy said........
Congrats you guys! I'm so excited for you. I am sure you are both so relieved to finally settle down. It's exciting having a house built too. You get to follow the whole process. Yay! So happy for you guys.
 


At January 26, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Blogger Nate and Bre said........
Yay!!!! Is it close to your old townhouse in Daybreak? It is adorable. I am so jealous that you guys get to build almost from scratch so it is just the way you want it. This is soooo wonderful. Congrats Guys!!!

I almost thought you were going to say you were pregnant again. I was going to tell you to stop hogging all the cute babies, but this is great news too!
 


At January 26, 2009 at 9:16 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
Bre's comment is funny because the first thing I thought is it will either be pregnancy or something about a job for Caleb. This is just as good! How exciting for you :) I LOVE your house so far! I love the front and all those cabinets will be so great. Keep us posted. Good luck on everything-I hope it runs smoothly for you guys.
 


At January 26, 2009 at 10:15 PM, Blogger The Gorringe Family said........
I am excited that you put up pictures, I have been checking a lot lately, and don't worry, it might just get more stressful. I really hope it goes smoother for you then it did for us!
 


At January 26, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Blogger The Gorringe Family said........
I am excited that you put up pictures, I have been checking a lot lately, and don't worry, it might just get more stressful. I really hope it goes smoother for you then it did for us!
 


At January 28, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Blogger sugarlilysea said........
That's so great! Congrats!