Saturday, January 31, 2009
Dear Micaela-

Today you are 4-years-old. You are an absolutely amazing 4-year-old. Four years ago, when I pictured what having a little girl would be like, I pictured you. I hoped that you would be sweet and kind, outgoing and fun, with your dada's eyes and your mama's smile and, as the saying goes, I hoped you would dance like nobody was watching. You are all of these things and so much more.

You are wildly entertaining. You can sing and dance to almost any song. You have an astounding memory, remembering things that happened months ago, remembering lyrics to songs, and words to books. Your problem solving skills are right up there with the best of them. Just like yesterday when I was napping and you got in my purse and took my gum, and when I was upset that you didn't ask, you smartly replied that you didn't ask because it wouldn't be nice for you wake me up.
(We went to Playhouse Disney Live)

You're a great big sister. You are always concerned about Scarlett's well-being. To the point of crying when your dada jokingly said that Scarlett was going to time-out. Through the tears you sobbed that Scarlett doesn't like time-out. Although she backs you up as well, every time you start crying she looks at you, looks at us, and starts wailing....only to stop when you calm down. I have this sinking feeling that this won't be the only time that you two team up.

(All Micaela wanted was her own popcorn. This was the smallest bucket they had!)

I hope you always remember how much we love you. Your birth was the most life changing event in my life. I tear up every time I think about that day. While I'm sad that you are growing older so fast, I'm proud of the beautiful girl you are becoming. And I know that it only gets better from here.

(The priceless expression when she saw her princess kitchen set for the first time.)

Happy Birthday Caela Baela!

Labels:

posted by Michele at 7:35 AM |

1 Comments:

At February 2, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
That was the sweetest post. It made me a little teary. Maybe we can blame that on the pregnancy hormones or the cold that has been making my eyes water for the past three days, but all the same I was a little teary :) You're girls are growing up and what beautfil girls they are! I like the new pictures of both of them and the updated cabinets. Looking good!