Saturday, January 3, 2009
I know that it has now been 2009 and for three days, but I just had to wait a few more days before talking about my great moments of 2008. First off, 2008 has been a difficult year for my little family, as we have found ourselves very uncertain of what the future holds. As we are receiving more and more direction, I am thankful. I feel that 2008 will always hold memories of waiting for answers. However, as much as the waiting has been miserable, there have been some amazing things that have occurred in 2008. Here are a few of my favorites:

1. Micaela turned 3! Yes we have managed to keep our little princess alive for an additional year. I am incredibly surprised that she has not died of a chocolate milk overdose. She has thrived this year, starting preschool and stepping into a new and scary role of "not the only child." A role I'm not sure I ever mastered.

2. We had multiple visits from our family. We love it when they come and we are very fortunate to live 600+ miles away from my parents and still manage to see them almost every month. We were also able to go back to Reno three times this year. Woo hoo for that! In addition, my dear RITL friends were able to spend a weekend with me in February and Caleb's friends were able to spend a weekend with us in December.

3. Caleb and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary and took a trip to the fabulous Las Vegas. Yes I was very pregnant and it was very hot, but it didn't matter a bit. Put me in the middle of bright lights with nice shops and good food and I'm happy. Yay to Caleb for sticking with me for so long. I know it hasn't been easy:)

4. Caleb got his commercial pilots license. This enabled him to fly us around this year. So basically, I have my own personal pilot.

5. We got two new cars, both of which drive well in the snow. Driving well in the snow=decreased anxiety=I will allow us to live in snowy weather for a little bit longer.

6. The Utes went undefeated, made it to a BCS bowl game, and punched Alabama in the mouth! I have never been so excited for a sporting event in my life, as I have been at each Utah game this year. Yay for Utah football parties and smack talking with my dad!

7. And the best thing about 2008...was the Utes! J/K..kind of. The best thing was Scarlett Adele DeCremer, who joined our family August 11th, born to two parents who are still beaming at this beautiful little girl. For all our mistakes, I know we must have done something right to have been given the opportunity to raise you.

Best wishes to all for a happy and prosperous new year!
posted by Michele at 7:58 AM |

3 Comments:

At January 3, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Blogger Nate and Bre said........
Hooray for 2008. Are you going to make Scarlett a big sister in 2009? I think you should then you can send Scarlett (or Micaela- I love that girl) to live with Auntie Bre.
 


At January 3, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Blogger OtelaLove said........
HI Friend, I just wanted to say Hi and how cute all your pictures are. I'm glad you guys had such a fabulous Christmas and GO UTES!!!!
 


At January 10, 2009 at 9:39 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
It sounds like you guys had a great year. Hopefully 2009 is just as great. I never commented on the pictures below but your girls are so cute! It is so funny seeing life with two girly girls when I have one crazy little boy at home.