Wednesday, April 22, 2009
I am now 27-years-old. This feels really old. I feel like 30 is rapidly approaching, which is scary, but Caleb and I are saving up in hopes to spend our 30th birthdays in Europe. We will see.... My birthday was fantastic. We went out the whole day without the kids and had a blast. I have made it a personal goal to be more positive and focus on all of the great things I have in my life, so as a celebration of my 27th birthday I am going to post 27 things I am thankful for. Here goes..

1. Diet Coke, preferably poured from a fountain with crushed ice with a little bit of Dr. Pepper served first thing in the morning at the local Holiday station

2. The color red and all that it represents...love, variance, my computer room, the Utes...

3. Sunshine, especially warm sunny days where we can walk to the cute little beach park by our house

4. A house that is a blank canvas and a husband who is an expert painter and understands my desire to not have a white wall

5. Shoes, especially high heels that make me feel like a woman

6. Ikea where my dreams become an affordable reality

7. A new temple that it right down the street and a beautiful addition to our neighborhood

8. Scentsy candle warmers

9. Redbox movies for $1

10. Bath and Body Works Black Amethyst lotion

11. Vera Wang perfume

12. Libraries...is there seriously a better invention?

13. Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies..no raisins

14. A working and updated diaper genie...hallelujah!

15. Emotions and the ability to express emotions

16. Advocacy and the feeling of being heard (I finally had a state rep. write me back!)

17. Dancing, formally or informally

18. Jogs around the neighborhood at night

19. Having good jobs in a bad economy

20. The feeling of making a difference every day

21. Disneyland and Disney World and Disney movies and Disney princesses

22. A cute baby with an infectious laugh named after a classic heroine

23. A 4-year-old princess who has the most endearing explanations for life and her mother's social nature

24. A husband who loves me unconditionally and is always there when I need him

25. Parents who love to visit and are gracious enough to pretend it is me they are visiting...not just their grand kids

26. The many great friends I have been able to keep and the many more I have made more recently

27. The fact that I am not yet 30
posted by Michele at 7:08 PM |

1 Comments:

At April 24, 2009 at 6:14 AM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
That is a great list. It is so funny you feel like 30 is old. As we are slowly approaching it I, all of a sudden, feel like 30 is so young...afterall, there is no way WE could possibly be getting old! I will probably be saying the same thing as we approach 40 and then 50 and so forth :)