Sunday, April 5, 2009
While our house is in shambles I thought this would be a good time to start catching up my blog. I'm recovering from a horrible bout of food poisoning, one that makes all my previous morning sickness seem like an itchy nose. It began during the early morning hours, when Caleb was at work, which was the worst part. Not because he wasn't there to take care of me, but because he wasn't there to witness firsthand my agony, and I knew he would never believe how bad it was. I contemplated cleaning the bathroom before he got home, but I decided to keep it dirty as evidence of the severeness of my misfortune. When he came home I launched into a detailed play-by-play, telling him details no one wants to know about their spouse, because I was convinced that if he didn't realize how bad it was he would think I was faking just to get the chance to lie in bed all day. You know, "playing hooky" from being a mom. However, he did believe me (I'm sure the uncleaned bathroom helped) and to sum it all up I will never, ever eat brownies again.

But onto sunnier moments, here is my documentation of Disneyland. Truly the happiest place on earth...

...especially for these two best buds. For those of you who know my father, it's no surprise that he got along great with a 4-year-old.


One of the many sweet treats she stole from my parents
Fortunately she let the rest of us play with her a little bit too.

When I was pregnant with Micaela we took a road trip up to Canada for a family reunion. On the way up, my father convinced everyone that we should name the baby after the next road sign we saw, which happened to be Deer Crossing. Throughout my pregnancy and for a while after, Micaela was known as Deer Crossing. Hence the reason my father felt it necessary to take this picture.

Of course she saw some characters..


And we had to get a picture of Micaela with Aunt Bre's favorite friend!
Oh and yes, Scarlett was there as well. This is how she spent most of her Disney vacation.








In the last 6 years Caleb and I have been to a Disney park 5 times. Needless to say we will be going back as soon as financially possible.
posted by Michele at 9:39 AM |

5 Comments:

At April 6, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Blogger sugarlilysea said........
Deer crossing! haha. Looks like you had tons of fun! I would totally have left the bathroom dirty to prove to Neil the extent of my sickness too. You gotta milk it where you can!
 


At April 6, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Blogger Justin and Amy said........
Oh your dad is too funny. I'm so sorry you got so sick. That does not sound fun at all. I'm glad you posted your pics from Disneyland. It looks like you guys had tons of fun, especially Micaela. I bet she was in heaven! She looks so big!
 


At April 10, 2009 at 7:35 AM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
What a hot Mama you are! :) It looks like a fun time for all although I would not expect anything different from your family at Disneyland. I am sorry you had food poisoning. That is the absolute worst. I'm glad you have recovered and that Caleb believed you despite being an actual witness to the horror of brownies and throw-up. :)
 


At April 11, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Blogger .::still blinking::. said........
Was it my brownie that made you sick?
 


At April 11, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Blogger Michele said........
No it was not! Your brownies were delicious.