My blogging skills as of late suck. My last week has been horribly busy and equally terrible. I can't seem to get organized and luck has not been on my side. It really started going downhill Wednesday, when my children were going to my grandma's for the day as part of Caleb's father day. He had a whole day child-free and responsibility free, which is something we both crave every now and then. Anyways, I woke up extremely early to make sure that the diaper bag was packed and that everything was done. Then we get to my grandma's house, about 40 minutes away, and I realize that I left the diaper bag at home. That means formula, bottles, diapers etc. for a 6 hour day were not there. We worked it out, but it was just the beginning.
That day at work we were taking a group of kids hiking as part of a social skills lesson. There is nothing more fun than taking a group of mentally and behaviorally disordered children in the wild. Enough said. When we got back to the office I realized that I left my keys in my lunch bag, which was thrown away in the garbage can at the dog park (where our hike began.) I mention this dog park part because it is imperative that you know what else was in the garbage can where my lunch was thrown away. As I went to leave the office, to get in my car and go back to get my keys, I realized I couldn't take my car because I didn't have the keys! The keys were recovered, eventually.
There were a few other things that were going on that day as well...I was upset that the house wasn't clean, that we couldn't pay a bill online without being charged a $45 fee (seriously??), I got in a fight with Caleb (I actually just asked him to remind me what the fight was about and we can't even remember, but it was definitely a fight for a few hours), I dropped our camera and now can't load pictures on the computer, and then the worst. I was driving home from work, tired, stressed, emotional, and on comes "the top 10 Michael Jackson songs." Instantly I was excited, rolling down the windows, singing to Billy Jean... You see me and Michael go way back. Long after Michael Jackson was no longer the cool kids choice, he was still a personal fav. I danced to his songs and could listen to his music over and over again. I know that personally he is...let's say questionable...but he can whip out a song that will make it difficult for me to keep still. It wasn't until the end of the countdown that I realized he had died earlier that day, leaving me very, very shocked and saddened.
And there is more. The next morning on the way to work, I rolled a stop sign and got a ticket. I don't feel that I am above the law. I believe that if you break the law you have to be willing to suffer the consequences, but it still sucked.
Fortunately my week ended and we are now on vacation. We are staying at the exclusive Casa Rands in Reno with two live-in nannies known as grandma and grandpa and we have plans of visiting the beautiful Lake Tahoe for the 4th of July. A week of blissful eating, sleeping, and playing in the sun. I'm praying for a better week and welcome any of your prayers as well.


posted by Michele at 8:41 AM