I can absolutely not believe it has been one year (and a few weeks, sorry) since you were born. Let me start by saying this summer has been so much more enjoyable with you out of my belly! Last summer was a killer...on my back, my feet, and so forth. One year ago we were driving to the hospital, listening to Led Zepplin and hoping that this was "the real deal" because I did not want to wait two more days to be induced. I remember the first time we saw you, and I thought you had the most beautiful lips (or pucker as Micaela would say). You still do.
This year has been full of challenges and changes for our family, and you have been the "biggest and bestest" of them all. You have certainly taken on your own personality. You absolutely know what you want and know how to get it.
You are fiercely independent, yet you want to make sure that you are always the center of attention. You spent the first few months wanting to be held...all the time...and these last few months you have wanted to explore, with me and your dada in sight and watching of course. I've told many of our friends that I was doomed the second I decided to name you after Scarlett O'Hara and you developed her personality as well.
You are definitely sassy! I think you inherited that from me, just like you inherited your love and food and sleep from your dada. You also have quite a playful shyness, almost coyness, that I think is entirely your own.
We are so thankful we have you. You lighten us up and make us laugh all the time. I'm so glad to have you as a part of our family and I'm looking forward to this next year with you!


posted by Michele at 5:51 PM