Saturday, February 24, 2007
About 11:00 last night, Caleb and I had just finished watching "V for Vendetta" (Good, by the way,) I was walking around our room in the dark. All of a sudden I felt the most horrible pain in my foot and I screamed. There was something in my foot. Caleb came running upstairs, turned on the light, and we could see that the hook on his belt buckle was all the way stuck in my foot. Caleb was more freaked out than I was, trying to find something we could put on it to numb the pain, as we had to pull it out. Finally he grabbed me a washcloth that I could bite down on, and I pulled it out. I immediately felt much better when it was out. The bleeding wasn't too bad, but Caleb called the hospital, who "couldn't dispense medical information over the phone," so I called my dad, because at one time, probably when he was about my age, he was thinking about becoming a doctor instead of a lawyer, so he can obviously give medical advice. He gave me some useful tips and told me what to expect, and the best part about this is...I don't have to go to work today! I have never called in to work sick. There have been days I have asked for off for various reasons, but I have never called and said "I can't come in today." I work when I'm sick. Which is kind of sick if you think that I'm serving food while sick, but I just can't call in. It's actually somewhat fortunate. It doesn't hurt too badly right now, and if I don't walk on it I'm fine. So not only do I have an excuse to miss work, I have to sit or lay down all day! I am beside myself. I should stab myself with sharp objects more often.


This hook was in my foot

Labels: ,

posted by Michele at 9:03 AM |

5 Comments:

At February 25, 2007 at 9:44 PM, Blogger Adam and Andrea said........
Hi Michelle,
I think that Maddy and Lily look a lot like Adam and Emily is definitely a Rand. But then I get people saying just the opposite. Crazy. Your little girl is so adorable. I can't believe she is 2.

I had two really painful toe surgeries because of a stick I stepped on. Be careful where you step.
I feel your pain.
 


At February 28, 2007 at 1:00 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
So was the day off? Was it everything you expected and more??
 


At February 28, 2007 at 1:00 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
Sorry- how WAS the day off?
 


At February 28, 2007 at 9:15 PM, Blogger Nate and Bre said........
What does your foot look like?
 


At March 1, 2007 at 11:00 AM, Blogger Michele said........
The day off was great. I finished 15 pages of my final paper,watched two movies and played with Micaela. The foot was feeling really good (I was running and wearing heels again) but today it starting hurting again and I think it's infected. I'll probably go to the doc tomorow and maybe take Sat. off again!:)