Wednesday, February 21, 2007
I have a problem. One of those problems that appears to grow larger and larger the more I think about it, similar to the mess of dirty clothes in my closet. I am constantly closing the closet door to avoid the mess, and yet it is still there every day. I procrastinate doing laundry, and I continue to wear clothes every day, and they just add to mess on the floor. Just like the longer I think about this problem the more it adds to my anxiety.
I hesitate to mention the specifics of this problem or the friend who it involves, so I will continue to speak in annoying metaphors. Lets say I have a good friend. She's amazing. I know something that will greatly impact her life, but will also crush her emotionally. Should I tell her? Readers what do you think? Would you want to know something bad about yourself, or would you rather remain ignorant? Is ignorance bliss? This sounds frighteningly similar to The Matrix...

Labels: ,

posted by Michele at 7:00 PM |

7 Comments:

At February 21, 2007 at 8:29 PM, Blogger .::still blinking::. said........
She probably knows already and does not want to face it. I would wait for her to come to you. If you tell her it will damage your friendship.
 


At February 21, 2007 at 9:13 PM, Blogger Nate and Bre said........
Is it me? If it is, I want you to tell me. I don't give advise about stuff like this; that is why I have you!
 


At February 22, 2007 at 7:25 AM, Blogger Justin and Amy said........
It depends on the person I think. Some people are tough enough to take it and some people aren't. If she is your good friend, then hopefully you know how news like this would affect her. If it were me, I would want to know too. I don't think ignorance is bliss. But that's me.
 


At February 22, 2007 at 8:51 AM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
I would probably want to know...I guess it depends on what it is, how much it will affect the person and who the person is. Sometimes the truth hurts.
 


At February 22, 2007 at 11:41 AM, Blogger Justin and Amy said........
Look at what you started Michele... Now we all think it's us!
 


At February 22, 2007 at 12:55 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
Yes....the suspense is killing me and I sit and stare at my phone waiting for a call from "Michele" to show up.
 


At February 22, 2007 at 6:00 PM, Blogger Michele said........
I'm glad to know I am not the only anxious person out there! No, I appreciate all the feedback I've received through comments, email and myspace. I still haven't made a decision on what to do, but I feel better about the whole situation. To ease your fears...it is not a friend who reads my blog, of this I am sure.