Tuesday, September 11, 2007
As mentioned in a previous post, my life at this present time is very boring. However, I still feel the need to provide all three of my readers with new posts. I know I get excited when people update their blogs, so here goes. Besides, I figure if people read blogs for wit, humor, and charm, they are not likely to read mine anyways!
I think I get migraines now. I have heard of migraines. I've heard they are awful and very painful. I've always been a healthy person, hardly ever sick, rarely hurt, you all know the drill. Then last weekend came. I woke up with this insanely bad headache. My head was pounding and there was no way to make it feel better. I took two ibuprofen, because I love ibuprofen and firmly believes that it cures all ailments, much like Windex, and went back to bed. It did absolutely nothing for me. My stomach started to hurt and I became very nauseas. In an attempt to avoid listing all my symptoms in painful detail, I will just say I described this headache to Caleb as "the worst headache of my life." A few hours later I felt fine. Absolutely fine. Like I went to the gym and to the store I was so fine. When I described my symptoms to the experts in my life (my mom and a good friend at work who has a PhD in psychology, making her technically a "doctor") they agreed that I had a migraine. If any of you readers suffer from migraines I would like to know what you do when you experience one, as I am honestly afraid I will shoot myself in the eye the next time I have one. And I say the eye because I cannot imagine anything worse than being shot in the eye, except of course, having another migraine.

Labels: ,

posted by Michele at 4:00 PM |

9 Comments:

At September 11, 2007 at 11:07 PM, Blogger Adam and Andrea said........
I get them often and have found that complete darkness, peace and Alieve work good. Although the peace and darkness are hard to come by during the day. The girls have found me in my closet when trying to find that darkness and peace til the drugs kick in. I'm sorry to hear that you now have to endure this lovely ailment. It sucks! Good luck.
 


At September 12, 2007 at 7:09 AM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
That is such a bummer! Like Andrea already mentioned, the dark seems to help. A friend of mine from work always had to turn the lights off in her office whenever a migraine struck. Hopefully this won't become a common thing for you :(
 


At September 12, 2007 at 11:26 AM, Blogger Justin and Amy said........
It conerns me, Michele, that you happened to get this migraine over the weekend. I am concerned because we went to dinner with you last weekend. The migraine could be linked to hanging out with Amy and I. If it is, I am sorry!

Justin
 


At September 12, 2007 at 6:11 PM, Blogger Michele said........
I am somewhat suspicious that God may have sent me a migraine as a punishment for fraternizing with BYU fans...that being said it could also be related to the horrible game the Utes played on Sat. Possibly a combination of the two?
 


At September 12, 2007 at 7:20 PM, Blogger Nate and Bre said........
Did that windex thing come from your dad?
 


At September 12, 2007 at 7:35 PM, Blogger Annie said........
I have been getting migraines since i was 5 years old. They aren't so bad I puke anymore, but when I was younger, it was generally an awful experience.

Mine usually last a couple of days...the longest of which was 14 days. Yup! 2 weeks with a killer headache.

What works best for me are advil or excedrin migraine and a dark room. I have to do my best to sleep them off.

Or, I heard you can go to an emergency room and they'll give you a shot of an extremely concentrated motrin that works pretty quickly.

good luck, bad heads suck!
 


At September 13, 2007 at 12:37 PM, Blogger Justin and Amy said........
Funny, because usually God punishes Utah fans for just being Utah fans. Hanging out with BYU folk brings blessings.
 


At September 13, 2007 at 9:26 PM, Blogger .::still blinking::. said........
I have had migraines since I was a kid also. I got them a lot more frequently when I was on The Pill. Now I have a copper IUD and I rarely get them.

When I do get them, I take lots of ibprofen (4) and hope to sleep it off. I also get them if I am low on water.
 


At September 19, 2007 at 12:02 PM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
"However, I still feel the need to provide all three of my readers with new posts. I know I get excited when people update their blogs..."

I seem to remember a certain quote by a certain someone...who could that be?