Saturday, December 1, 2007
It feels like it's been forever since I was in Reno for Thanksgiving. We were in Reno for almost a week. Which is amazing as we hardly ever take week long vacations. We tend to stick to long weekends. You know I realize I always say "we never take vacations..." but in reality we go somewhere, even if it's just down to southern Utah, about every month. To top it off we have had two huge vacations just this year (Hawaii and D-land). So never mind, we vacation often! However, Caleb hasn't been to Reno since last January. For those who don't know, both of our families are from Reno and Caleb's family, with the exception of one brother, still live in Reno. Anyways, we went to Reno for Thanksgiving. I brought my camera and did not take one single picture. I could post for days about everything we did, but here are the highlights:

-Thanksgiving dinner with my parents at 1:00 and at Lacy's (C's sister) house at 4:00. Food was great at both places. My dad did an amazing turkey that only a man addicted to the Food Network could do. At Lacy and Jason's they had a spread better than most weddings I've attended, which included an appetizer table and a chocolate fountain. This is dangerous for young children who like chocolate and fountains and messes all over new clothes.

-Micaela was actually able to play with her cousin Ally, who is 3 months younger than her. In the past Ally and Micaela didn't really interact. Similar to the time a 1-year-old stole Micaela's toy and she ran crying to me, not realizing she was much bigger and could actually walk, which the one-year-old could not. Anyways, they played great together hiding from Uncle Eli by sitting in the dog's food and water in their new clothes.

-Went shopping! Of course I celebrated Black Friday. I saved $150. No I did not get up at the crack of dawn because I prefer to be well rested when blowing our bank account on clothes. I got many fabulous things that will be wrapped as Christmas presents.

-Ate sushi at Sushi Pier with John and Cari. This is the most divine sushi place on the mainland, Yes Hawaii does have better, but it's not a fair comparison. Oh and Caleb and I were such regulars when we lived in Reno that our picture is actually in their picture collage. John and C's friend Brandon also have their picture up, but mine and Caleb's is cuter.

-Watched American Gangster. It was ok, not as good as people said it was. It was nice to have a date night though.

-Watched a horrible football game with a horrible BYU fan, known as my father, who has the BYU fight song as his ring tone. Enough said.

-Went shopping again to ease the pain of the horrible football game. Bought more stuff.

-Ate Super Burrito and In-And-Out while Caleb complained about how Salt Lake has no good food joints. Required a chocolate shake to drown out his whining.

-Played cards almost every night with my parents. I won. I'm genetically programed to be good at cards. Unfortunately Caleb is not.

-Visited Caleb's sister Jessica at their new place to see our cute nieces who were absent from Thanksgiving dinner.

-Went to church. We took Micaela to nursery and introduced her to the leaders. One of them said "Oh Micaela, the Rands' grandbaby," to which Micaela raised her arms and said "ta da!" No joke. As if we were all blessed to be in presence of such greatness.

-Took Micaela to the Bee Movie. Ok Short rant. We went to an 11:30am showing on Monday morning. There were 4 families in the theatre. Three of these families had one or more toddlers. The other was a mother or grandmother with a boy about 8 or 9. One toddler boy was walking around the theatre, not bothering anyone. He came over to Micaela, who sat on the floor next to him. When the bees started flying he got really excited and began saying "Its a bee! A bee! A bee!" Of course Micaela became excited and repeated what he was saying. Then the lady with the older boy yelled at his mother saying "can you please keep your kid quiet so we can hear the movie!" Seriously we were right next to him and we could hear the movie just fine. It was a kids matinee movie with a bunch of toddlers, they may get excited and talk. The poor mother of the toddler boy was so upset she picked him up and left. The best part, later in the movie her son got bored and starting talking and we could all hear him! Of course Caleb wanted to say something, but I told him not to. It's just crazy how weird people can be about kids. They are not going to sit still for long periods of time, they get excited easily, they talk when they're not supposed to, and they obviously don't understand all of the social norms. Whatever.

-The night before we left we visited my friend Afton and met her new boyfriend. She actually cooked for us, which was slightly concerning. However, she made spaghetti and it was delicious. We had a blast as always.

-Drove home and at every little town Caleb asked if I wanted to live there. I responded, each and every time, no and don't ask me again.

Overall it was a great vacation. The only negative thing we experienced, besides the Bee movie witch, was on Thanksgiving. Caleb's sister Jessica had a miscarriage. She was due 4 days before I would have had my baby. This was very upsetting for everyone.
I just realized how long this post is. I will stop boring you all with my endless rant of vacation. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Welcome December, with your huge blizzard outside.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Michele at 8:59 AM |

6 Comments:

At December 1, 2007 at 11:58 AM, Blogger Harried Mom said........
Gosh I sure miss eating at In-and-Out...this Southern California girl misses some of the best take-out burgers around!
 


At December 1, 2007 at 7:00 PM, Blogger Annie said........
oh, in and out!

I could live off of animal style burgers alone!
 


At December 1, 2007 at 10:32 PM, Blogger Nate and Bre said........
MMMM.... SUPER BURRITO. Nate and I plan on eating Super Burrito everyday when we are home for Christmas!!!!!
 


At December 3, 2007 at 8:02 AM, Blogger Todd and Meagan said........
I personally am a Jimboys fan whenever I am in the mood for a heart attack. Too bad you won't be in Reno over Christmas. At least February isn't THAT far off!
 


At December 3, 2007 at 11:47 AM, Blogger Greg and Sariah said........
Micaela was pretty funny at church. She must have dropped that same fruit snack down the crack 5 times before we all got tired of bending over to pick it up. But then I ate it. She seemed very shocked that I would just eat something off the floor that was supposed to go back into her little hand, only to be dropped again. Greg and Carrie were also shocked I would do that to a little kid, and eat off the floor. But hey...I was hungry and my kid wasn't sharing. Micaela can come back any time and drop food in church for me.
 


At December 3, 2007 at 4:05 PM, Blogger Justin and Amy said........
Sounds like you made your REno trip very exciting. I never knew Reno could include such a packed weekend:) I do like the BYU football game part of course. I should download that as my ring tone... I can totally picture Micaelas aying "ta- da!" Too cute. I miss in-n-Out:(